Jebel Ali Free Zone
Jebel Ali Free Zone: huge opportunities for international business
Jebel Ali Free Zone (JAFZA) is located in the Emirate of Dubai and is the oldest economic zone in the Emirates. It has an advantageous strategic location. JAFZA is located in close proximity to the world's largest port, which receives 15 million containers annually and serves more than 170 shipping lines. From the port in Jebel Ali, you can easily send or receive cargo by sea from anywhere in the world.
JAFZA is located just minutes from the 8th largest cargo airport, Dubai International Airport, which can take up to 2.7 million metric tons of cargo. This free zone is also connected to Dubai's new airport, Al Maktoum Airport. To ensure an uninterrupted process of cargo transportation, JAFZA offers a common customs corridor that connects Jebel Ali port and Al Maktoum airport.
Jebel Ali Dubai Free Zone offers all kinds of rental premises for business in the UAE. Here you can rent land, warehouses, exhibition halls, offices, shops, premises in the high-tech park, as well as housing for workers.
To date, more than 7,000 companies are registered in this free zone. Its business model is well-established, and this proven by the fact that more than 500 largest enterprises in the world have chosen JAFZA Dubai as one of their bases.
Main advantages of registering a company in Jebel Ali Free Zone
JAFZA company formation provides foreign investor with a number of significant advantages:
- Investor has the right for 100% ownership.
- Lack of corporate tax for 50 years.
- The possibility of 100% repatriation of capital.
- Lack of import and export duties.
- Lack of currency restrictions.
- Companies in Jebel Ali Free Zone can hire foreign employees and open visas to them.
- Optimal logistics infrastructure, offering the best air, sea, highway and rail routes.
- The only free zone in the world, located near the largest airport and the largest seaport.
- Opportunity to obtain a loan secured by client premises built on leased land.
- Own customs.
- A professional team of specialists helping clients in the registration and work of companies.
- Low cost of utilities.
- Jebel Ali Free Zone companies have a wide selection of specialized facilities for individual needs.
- A wide selection of licenses and activities.
- The presence of world-famous companies and investors, which facilitates business relations and creates unlimited business opportunities.
Types of Companies in Jebel Ali
Depending on the number of shareholders and the nature of the business, JAFZA offers various forms of companies:
- Free Zone Establishment (FZE) JAFZA companies - this is limited liability companies with one shareholder. FZE must mention in all transactions, contracts, announcements, invoices, correspondence and in printed materials that its liability is limited. The liability of the shareholder to FZE is limited to the capital paid by the shareholder of the company.
- Free Zone Company (FZCO) - it is a limited liability company with at least 2 and at most 50 shareholders.
- Public Listed Company (PLC) - it is a limited liability company with two or more shareholders. After Jebel Ali Free Zone company registration such a company may offer its shares for public subscription in accordance with the Market Laws.
- Branch of an existing company - a branch is considered to be one legal entity with its parent company. A company incorporated outside the Jebel Ali Free Zone (in the UAE or beyond) may create a branch within Jebel Ali UAE. The branch of the company is 100% owned by the parent company, operates under the same name and is engaged in the same business.
Jebel Ali Free Zone types of licenses
The type of license that you will need to work in the Jebel Ali Free Zone will depend on the type of activity your business has:
- Trade License - allows the owner to import, export, sell and store products specified in the license. In addition, there is a General Trade License that provides the owner with access to a wider range of activities and provides a wider variety of products in the license. Jebel Ali Free Zone Dubai General Trade License is more expensive than a regular one.
- Service License - allows the owner to provide the services specified in the license. Service activities include, for example, financial consulting, banking, accounting services, construction contracts, etc. It is possible to obtain a logistic license. A logistics license allows the company to provide logistics services, such as handling cargo (sea, air, land), warehousing, storage, parking, transshipment and distribution in JAFZA Free Zone.
- Industrial license - allows the owner to import raw materials, produce the specified products and export finished products. In addition, there is National Industrial License issued to manufacturing companies in which at least 51% is owned by citizens of the countries of the Gulf Cooperation Council. Companies in Jebel Ali industrial area with such a license gives the holder the same status as local companies or companies belonging to citizens of the countries of the Gulf Cooperation Council in the UAE.
- Ecommerce License - license for electronic commerce allows to buy and sell goods and services through electronic networks using electronic payment systems.
- Innovation License - the license that allows to develop new products and services.